I know the blog world pretty much shuts down on the weekends. And typically I do with it, too, but today I'm at work. And I'm bored. And I'm going to take advantage of the fact that nobody will probably read this anyway and vent my current frustrations (in and out of the blog world).
- I'm at work alone and the only thing to entertain me is Pandora, but the only way to listen is to put my phone on the iHome and I really just want to be on FB/IG/texting to make the time pass. Siiiiiigh.
- My toe is pretty much healed, but it still hurts every time I take a step in closed-toed shoes. I'm starting to worry it will ALWAYS hurt like this from now on because it didn't grow back the right way or whatever.
- Traffic in San Diego. I'm getting truly and genuinely sick and tired of it. After living in Memphis for 3 years and not really having to deal with any rush hour traffic that was completely outrageous, I guess I got spoiled. Now that I commute about 25 miles to and from work every day on some of the busiest freeways in San Diego (btw, did you know we have almost 20 of them? That's INSANE. And the majority of them have 4 lanes on each side WHY IS THERE CONGESTION!??!!??!??!?!?!?!?!), it's starting to get to me. I'M LOSING MY SANITY EVERY SECOND I SIT IN TRAFFIC HERE.
- Money. I have a college degree (that I worked my ass off for, thank you very much) (and that I earned with honors) and a pretty good resume for someone who didn't have an actual job in college other than waiting tables. I have extensive leadership experience. I had a great internship. I have outstanding references from Professors and people very high up in the University of Memphis system (one of them is the Executive Director of the Alumni Association, to give you an idea) and I'm working an entry-level job where I make $12/hour. Thank God it's full time and I can get benefits, but I'm actually considering not even enrolling because I'd rather save that $50 bucks a month for something else. Like my car payment. Or my STUDENT LOANS I'M UP TO MY EYEBALLS IN. BTW, did Congress seriously just pass a bill that would allow the interest rates to rise??? Are you effing kidding me??? I'm about to seriously start a movement to get every single graduate with student loans to just stop paying and all default at the same time and burst the effing bubble just like the housing market did. For probably the first time in his presidency I agree with Obama's opinion on this issue and I truly hope he is successful in fighting it.
- I do have to say, though, I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. It's tenmilliongajilliontrillion times better than my job before despite the pay cut I took. And i'm still confident I can make this work to my advantage and move upwards and onwards within the year.
- And one little rant about blogging: When bloggers say they always comment back, and they don't, it really irks me. I understand big bloggers (with thousands or maybe 800 or more followers) not being physically able to, but even so I know of a few bigger ones who DO comment back. So if they can, so can the rest of us. I'm fairly certain I've commented back to every comment left on my blog posts, and I just discovered how to email reply (I know, welcome to 2013, Nicole) so now if you're able to be emailed back, I will respond that way and comment as well. I also try to follow every one of my followers back--again, if their blog is linked to their profile. Maybe I just have a lot to learn about blog etiquette, but I sure appreciate a hell of a lot more the bloggers who take 30 seconds to respond to a heartfelt comment of mine than the ones who continuously don't. Just sayin. OK, rant complete.
This calmed me down from my rant:
"Take time to capture, calm, and clear your heart...Make 'happy' your most-felt emotion."
After today I have two days off. I'll be taking that time to capture, calm, and clear my heart. Hope everyone is having a fab weekend.