Saturday, June 1, 2013

Warning: The following message contains rantings of a very frustrated girl.

Hey people.

I know the blog world pretty much shuts down on the weekends. And typically I do with it, too, but today I'm at work. And I'm bored. And I'm going to take advantage of the fact that nobody will probably read this anyway and vent my current frustrations (in and out of the blog world).

  • I'm at work alone and the only thing to entertain me is Pandora, but the only way to listen is to put my phone on the iHome and I really just want to be on FB/IG/texting to make the time pass. Siiiiiigh.
  • My toe is pretty much healed, but it still hurts every time I take a step in closed-toed shoes. I'm starting to worry it will ALWAYS hurt like this from now on because it didn't grow back the right way or whatever.
  • Traffic in San Diego. I'm getting truly and genuinely sick and tired of it. After living in Memphis for 3 years and not really having to deal with any rush hour traffic that was completely outrageous, I guess I got spoiled. Now that I commute about 25 miles to and from work every day on some of the busiest freeways in San Diego (btw, did you know we have almost 20 of them? That's INSANE. And the majority of them have 4 lanes on each side WHY IS THERE CONGESTION!??!!??!??!?!?!?!?!), it's starting to get to me. I'M LOSING MY SANITY EVERY SECOND I SIT IN TRAFFIC HERE.
  • Money. I have a college degree (that I worked my ass off for, thank you very much) (and that I earned with honors) and a pretty good resume for someone who didn't have an actual job in college other than waiting tables. I have extensive leadership experience. I had a great internship. I have outstanding references from Professors and people very high up in the University of Memphis system (one of them is the Executive Director of the Alumni Association, to give you an idea) and I'm working an entry-level job where I make $12/hour. Thank God it's full time and I can get benefits, but I'm actually considering not even enrolling because I'd rather save that $50 bucks a month for something else. Like my car payment. Or my STUDENT LOANS I'M UP TO MY EYEBALLS IN. BTW, did Congress seriously just pass a bill that would allow the interest rates to rise??? Are you effing kidding me??? I'm about to seriously start a movement to get every single graduate with student loans to just stop paying and all default at the same time and burst the effing bubble just like the housing market did. For probably the first time in his presidency I agree with Obama's opinion on this issue and I truly hope he is successful in fighting it.
    • I do have to say, though, I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. It's tenmilliongajilliontrillion times better than my job before despite the pay cut I took. And i'm still confident I can make this work to my advantage and move upwards and onwards within the year.
  • And one little rant about blogging: When bloggers say they always comment back, and they don't, it really irks me. I understand big bloggers (with thousands or maybe 800 or more followers) not being physically able to, but even so I know of a few bigger ones who DO comment back. So if they can, so can the rest of us. I'm fairly certain I've commented back to every comment left on my blog posts, and I just discovered how to email reply (I know, welcome to 2013, Nicole) so now if you're able to be emailed back, I will respond that way and comment as well. I also try to follow every one of my followers back--again, if their blog is linked to their profile. Maybe I just have a lot to learn about blog etiquette, but I sure appreciate a hell of a lot more the bloggers who take 30 seconds to respond to a heartfelt comment of mine than the ones who continuously don't. Just sayin. OK, rant complete.
I think it's safe to say I need a vacation. I'd like to go to these places, if anyone is interested:





 
 
 
This calmed me down from my rant:


"Take time to capture, calm, and clear your heart...Make 'happy' your most-felt emotion."

After today I have two days off. I'll be taking that time to capture, calm, and clear my heart. Hope everyone is having a fab weekend.



10 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the student loan default movement. LOL. I also always try to comment back and/or follow back. There is one blogger with 20,000+ followers that ALWAYS responds to my comment, so I always think that if she can do it, so can I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!!! And like I said, I appreciate those of us that DO comment or write back much more than the ones that don't. I just become disappointed with them

      Delete
  2. I agree about commenting/following back on the blogging issue! Granted, I also am a total newbie to the scene-so maybe I'm just being naïve, but it is always a little frustrating when you think of the thousands-literally-of blogs that someone could choose to take a few minutes and read AND comment or follow and they choose you, the least you can do is acknowledge it! When I've commented to someone and get no response back I do kinda feel like it didn't really matter!
    Either way...have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH also-sorry to bother you again (talk about OVER commenting now lol) how do you email back to respond to someone's comment? I have no clue either and I always respond to people's comments but sometimes worry they won't see it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! That is such a great way to look at it and I think some people just get ahead of themselves.

      To email back (if they have it set up that way), go to the email you got notifying you of the comment and just hit reply! It will send it to their email :) I JUST learned this haha

      Delete
  4. I feel you about money... I only have an associates degree and want to egt my bachelors, but I am afraid of incurring more debt. Is that sad? I would love to be able to dive back in to school, but I don't think that I can. I am not great at commenting on blog posts. I need to get better at it. I am more of a blog stalker. I need to get out there more so that I get more people to visit my blog. That is how it works ya know! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't think that's sad on YOU, it's sad on our society. It's becoming an elite thing to have an education. In my opinion, though, I think if you WANT to get your bachelors, you should do it while you have the drive. It's a good debt to have. Even if they do raise the interest rates. Being in the workforce I do know it DOES in fact matter that you have one, regardless of experience! As far as shelling out about $50grand for a masters, though, I will never do that. I'll get my Masters if I work for a company that wants me to get it and will pay for it themselves haha :)

      And yes that is how blogging works hahaha definitely just put yourself out there! And don't let the non-commenting-back bloggers get to you like they did me haha

      Delete
  5. I feel ya on the job front! Keep at it though girl- good things will be coming your way soon for sure! My goal in life is to visit the Maldives...every picture I see of it is more amazing than the last.

    I've got a question for ya about blogging.. I'm new to it and not totally sure what I'm doing lol. I've had a couple people tell me I'm a no reply blogger.. but I think the problem is the fact that I use wordpress. Does this affect followers/following people too? I'm wondering if I shold just switch over to blogger now since I don't have a lot of content on my site.. what would you do??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for the words of encouragement! Just gotta see the silver lining in everything I guess haha.

      Maldives....definitely on the bucket list.

      You ARE indeed a no-reply blogger so I hope you check this thread back to see my answer LOL! I honestly have no idea how wordpress affects that...does wordpress allow you to have some kind of profile? Because I know with blogger it's all about having your email publicly displayed on your profile. As long as you do that it's fine. Sorry I'm not able to help you more!!!

      Delete
    2. It's hard, but I try.. lol

      Dang! Decisions, decisions. Wordpress doesn't have a profile like blogger from what I can tell. I added my email to my "about me" page and I think I'm going to put in in my "signature" on comments and see if it helps. Thanks for your insight and I hope you had a better Sunday :)

      (p.s. I'm also going to leave this comment using the 'google account' option- and the blog link is in that.. did this help?? Thank you, thank you, thank you for your help, i'm clueless lol)

      Delete