Friday, May 31, 2013

Liebster Award and my week's Non-Scale Victory!

Happy Friday again everyone! Unfortunately I do work again tomorrow, but I had yesterday off. And I was much more productive than on weekend days off. I got my oil changed! (2000 miles overdue...) And I got some shopping done at Victoria's Secret. My mom's shithead hyper dog is a panty-chewer. TMI, I know. But he's ruined about 10 pairs of underwear so far and I'm sick of it. He's no longer allowed in my room (where he pulls my underwear out of the holes in the side of my hamper) and turns them crotchless ones. Anyway, I got some panties. And a new bra (he's destroyed one of those too), and a Padres tank top to wear to games this summer :) We also won our kickball game last night! We're like tied for 2nd in the league...no thanks to me, but I'll gladly ride my team's coattails!
So today and yesterday I got nominated for this Liebster Award thing. I've heard about it before, and I'm pretty stoked to be nominated!!! Since I got nominated by two people (thanks a million Heather and Kelley!) I'm combining their 11 questions at the end.
Here it goes!
This is how it works:
  • Acknowledge the blog that nominated you (holla Heather and Kelley!)
  • Tell 11 facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger(s) created
  • List 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve soem recognition
  • Post 11 questions for them to answer
  • Notify them that they've been nominated
  • You can't nominate the blog that nominated you
11 Facts about Nicole @ A Heart Like Mine:
  1. I'm an only child. And I still have only-child-syndrome-tendencies. I shook a lot of them when I moved away for college at 17 years old.
  2. I graduated from the University of Memphis (Gooooooo T-I-G-E-R-S Tigers!!!) on Cinco De Mayo, 2012.
  3. I am an alumna of Kappa Delta Sorority (AOT, sistas), and in college I was my chapter's Treasurer one year and Vice President, Community Service the next.
  4. I'm a dog-lover (re: my incessant posts about my child dog Winnie).
  5. My recent broken toe brings my total # of broken bones in my lifetime to 5. I've broken my arms 4 times, and 3 of those instances happened in one year when I was 9-10 years old.
  6. I FREAKING LOVE AMERICA!!!!!!!! Yes, I'm very patriotic. I love this country, our military, and our freedom. And if you don't like it, I will gladly tell you to leave :)
  7. I get my nails done religiously, every 2 weeks.
  8. A lot of people refer to me as a Princess, which I have no problem with.
  9. Even though I am a Princess, I love being outside, fishing, hiking, shooting guns, even camping (although I'd love to try glamping soon). I refer to myself as a Country Princess.
  10. Nothing new, but I'm a wino.
  11. I rode competitively on the American Quarter Horse Circuit when I was younger, and had to quit because it's a very expensive hobby. One of my biggest regrets in life thus far is selling my horse when I had to quit competing. I could have kept him and rode for fun but I was a brat (with only-child syndrome).
I nominate:
12 Questions from Pretty Strong Medicine and One Hot Southern Mess (supposed to be 11, but this way I can do 6 from each):
  1. If you could be a Disney Princess, which one would you be? I would be Belle. She was my princess when I was little, and I'm pretty sure I went as her 3 years in a row for Halloween. Hello, she's a brunette like me!
  2. What's your favorite summer activity? GOING TO THE BEACH. I know it's boring a simple, but I just love the beach. It's in my blood.
  3. Describe yourself in 3 words. Opinionated, determined, and independent.
  4. If you were famous, what would you be famous for? Well, I would just be Carrie Underwood.
  5. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? The top of my list of places to vacay right now is somewhere in the South Pacific like Bora Bora. I know, nothing too original. But I didn't get to travel at all in college so if I ever get the chance, that's the first place I'll go!
  6. What's your biggest fear? Being in an elevator and it breaking and falling to my death. Yes, I have an elevator phobia.
  7. Nail polish or natural? Ummmmm is this even a question for me!? We all know the answer to that. CND SHELLAC.
  8. Drink of choice? I know you're all going to assume I'm going to say wine. But you're wrong! I lovvvvve MARGARITAS! Love me some tequila.
  9. Beach or mountains? Beach. Duh. Although I do adore the mountains.
  10. If you could move anywhere, where would it be? Charleston, South Carolina. It's one of my favorite places in the world. But all my family and friends would have to move there too.
  11. Beef or chicken? Beef. If it's cooked right (medium-rare). Chicken is fine but beef is so much more fun.
  12. Favorite food? Potatoes. Cooked any way (except for potato salad if it has eggs in it. Yuck.)
Now MY 11 questions:
  1. What's your favorite color?
  2. What is your favorite place in the world?
  3. What is your favorite childhood memory (or one that really sticks out)?
  4. Would you rather cook or eat out?
  5. What's your favorite cheat food?
  6. What's your guilty pleasure?
  7. What's your favorite sport?
  8. Where is your favorite place to shop?
  9. What is your biggest regret in life?
  10. Who is the one person you can tell anything to?
  11. Who do you look up to in life?
Alright alright, it's all y'all now!!! Have fun!
Side note before I move on to my Non-Scale Victory--followers! I would have loved to nominate more of you but not all of you have your blogs displayed in your blogger profile and I don't know how else to find it (if you have one!). If anyone knows how to find blogs when they aren't in a profile, let me know! And for those of you that read (I love you oh so much) edit your profile to display a link to your blog so I can read back!
button

I know I've written about going to the gym this week already, but if this isn't a NSV, I don't know what is!! It DID hurt my toe, but not enough to make me stop. It DID suck. And I AM sore from not having moved my body in 4 and a half ish weeks. But it was worth it. Ta daaaaa.

Have a fabulous weekend, pretty people!



2 comments:

  1. My dog is also a pervert and chews through all my underwear too!! And he's smart, too, so he can open up my drawer and poke around til he finds one he likes and only til I wash my laundry do I see a bunch of holes in all my underwear. Incredibly annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your liebster! Also, that is a good nsv! THanks for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete