Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ramblings, pinspiration, and a RECIPE!

Happy Hump Day y'all! I can't believe how fast this week is going. Hopefully this is a good thing and it means my toe will be healed in no-time...

Anyway. I talked to a friend of mine who goes to the same gym as me and she told me I should go to the Abs class. The only thing she could think of that I might not be able to do are planks. So if I can fit my foot comfortably in tennis shoes tomorrow, I will go. I will also use this baby:


That ^^^^^ is what I was talking about yesterday. I watched a youtube video on how to use it--it's pretty self-explanatory--so I think I can handle it.

Again, this all depends on if I can wear shoes comfortably tomorrow. I might have to bust out my old dirty walmart shoes instead of my Mizunos because they're more stretched out, but oh well. Please pray my toe magically starts to feel just a littttttle bit better by tomorrow!!

Tonight I'm super excited to go to dinner with my aunt at another Brian Malarkey restaurant here in town, Burlap. It's supposedly "Asian Cowboy Cuisine" so it should be interesting...haha.

And for the first time ever, I'm going to share a recipe!!! Last night I made Chicken Enchiladas (for the first time in my life) and they were pretty much skinny--you could make them skinnier--and turned out pretty good! I didn't follow a recipe, but this is what I will do from now on:



What you need:

  • 2-4 chicken breasts depending on how much you wanna make
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Cream cheese (you could use low-fat, but I can't stand that shit)
  • Jack cheese, shredded (you could use low-fat, I didn't have any)
  • Tortillas (I used all I had, which was flour, but I think wheat would taste fine)
  • Your favorite salsa (I used market pantry chipotle salsa from walmart--high class, y'all)

1. Boil the chicken and shred it up with two forks--or however you like to shred your chicken
2. Stir in a heaping tablespoonful of cream cheese and two or three of Greek yogurt (depending on how much chicken you use. That was with 3.5 chicken breasts shredded)
3. Stir on 3 tablespoonfuls of your salsa--***meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350.
4. In a separate bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of salsa and 3-4 tablespoons of Greek yogurt for the sauce.
5. Pour half of your sauce in a glass baking dish
6. Take a tortilla, lay it flat, and spread the chicken mixture on it and roll it up. Place it seam-side down in the baking dish
7. Repeat step 6 until you run outta chicken, duh!
8. Pour the rest of your sauce over the enchiladas
9. Sprinkle the cheese on top
10. Pop it in the oven and let 'em cook for 15-20 minutes.

Honestly, you could make that your own in a lot of ways. I wanted to make the sauce an avocado cream sauce but our houseguest doesn't like avocados (lunacy, I tell ya). And you could make it more skinny. Personally I was completely satisfied with one of those enchiladas (the tortillas were large) and a side of rice. It was almost a completely clean recipe, too. So I'm ok with it. Like I said, I haaattttteeeeee low-fat cream cheese. Disgusting.

They turned out mas delicias!

See what I did there?

Anyhoo, follow me on instagram and you woulda seen that picture last night :)

And just because...some pinspiration:





BTW, I HAVE A BUTTON! Grab it if ya wanna :)

Ta ta for now!


2 comments:

  1. I love you, Nicole, but I have o point out a flaw in what you wrote... "Market Pantry from Walmart" is inaccurate. Market Pantry is a Target-owned brand. Sorry, it was really bugging me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oops! I thought Target only had Archer Farms? Idk. I didn't buy it haha

      Delete