Thursday, May 2, 2013

Eff my effing life!!! And a non-scale victory.

OK. Where to begin.

How about from this morning? I had to be at work at 6. It's a 30-minute drive without traffic, so I woke up at 5. Wasn't gonna get super pretty or anything, just giving myself enough time to press snooze, get up, do the bare minimum and get out the door before 530. Wellllll seeeeeee I have this weird aversion to shoes. Any shoes. It's kind of ironic because I probably own over 40 pairs of them, but if i can go barefoot, I will. Therefore, every day after work the first thing I do when I get in my car is take off my work shoes and put them on the floor of the passenger's seat in my car. They stay there until I walk out to my car barefoot the next day, drive to work, and put them on when I get out to walk in. So this morning, in the dark, at 530, I rushed out of the house and jammed my foot against the doorjam. Specifically, my baby toe went one way around it, and the rest of my toes went the other way. It. Was. AWESOME.

My first thought was, of course, F&$*#&% S&@*#!!!!!!!! MOTHER F*$(@&!!!!! Typical toe-stubbing reaction, right? I'm a walk-it-off kinda girl, so that's what I did. Then I realized after driving for about 5 minutes that it was only getting worse. THEN I started panicking, as I do. I saw stars a few times on the commute, just freaking out that I had broken my toe. Welllllll I looked up pictures of a broken pinky toe and it's starting to resemble them, so....I'm pretty sure it's at least fractured. Ignore the chipping pedicure and tell me it's not broken!!! The bruising has shown up more since taking this picture. But my whole foot looks fat :(



This is just wonderful. Considering I still have 10 pounds to lose by the end of the month and one more pants size to drop. Looks like it's under 1200 calories a day for me until I can work out again. So, eff my effing life.



button

With how down I'm feeling I decided I need to celebrate soem kind of non-scale victory this week. I thought and I thought (it took a while since I've slacked off so much recently) and decided I can't count the hike on Saturday as a NSV because I already blogged about it. So here it goes.

On Sunday I attended a CAbi party. If you don't know what that is, google it. It's awesome. The clothes are amazing. I tried on a pair of white jeans, which I've been searching for for forever, and they were a size 10. I knew they weren't going to fit. BUT THEY DID! Now, they had a little bit of stretch to them and CAbi notoriously runs a little big, but I tried on a different pair of jeans in a 12 and they fit perfectly, so I know it wasn't a fluke. I fit in a 10!!!! I probably would be a tight squeeze in any other jeans, but it was validation that I'm still getting smaller. I chose not to buy them because they actually were a little loose in the crotch area (not attractive), and I'm having a CAbi party of my own at the end of the month. So hopefully (even though I can't work out) I'll be able to fit into an 8 in those jeans and not have a loosey-goosey crotch, and an 10 in regular jeans :)

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing a little better than me today! And congrats to everyone else's NSV's this week!

12 comments:

  1. AH! Sorry about your toe! Hopefully its just badly bruised and not broken! On the other hand that's an amazing NSV! Congrats girl! I'm a new follower from the link up and I am looking forward to getting to know you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!!! look forward to getting to know you as well!!

      Delete
  2. Ouch! Sorry about your toe!! That's great that you fit into a size 10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! fingers crossed it's just bruised!

      Delete
  3. Great victory there! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your toe :(
    maybe you could do mat pilates? that's what I did when my feet were wrecked from hiking! No spin or running or lifting for me for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooooooh.......i'm going to look into that. can i just find the videos on youtube or something? i also don't have a mat....but I could just do it on the floor haha

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your foot! I hope you recover quickly! I think its great you are focusing on the positives of your nsv! Thanks for liking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! thanks for being an inspiration :)

      Delete
  6. Ouchhhhh and...YAY!!! Yay for the jeans, of course ;) Hope your poor piggie heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete