Yesterday was a helluva day. I worked from 8-4:30, sat in an hour of traffic getting home to pick up Caitlin, and drove right back to work! But it was OK. I was staying in the hotel for free. I got a free night, free dinner for 2, a free movie, and free breakfast this morning. I also get a spa treatment that I'll get next week (hopefully).
We got upgraded to a room on the 3rd floor (top floor) with a view and a fireplace! Hollaaaaa
|Yes, we were watching Storage Wars.|
|We had a balcony.|
Then we went and sat in the hot tub for over an hour. We chatted it up with some nice people from New Mexico. Look at how beautiful this place is
And I ate good this morning! I got an egg white ommelette that had crab meat (YUM), avocado (DOUBLE YUM) and cheese and tomatoes. It was scrumptuous.
Ahhhh. I just love where I work. And the other day my supervisor actually brought up me moving up soon! Fingers crossed!!!!
Now onto my Sweet Summertime 7 update (finally). Sorry for the hiatus last week.
Sweet Summertime 7:
<div align="center"><a href="http://ahlmblog.blogspot.com/" title="A Heart Like Mine"><img src="http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q512/nmdwards/SS7.png" alt="A Heart Like Mine" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
- Run a 5k: OK. I feel the need to divulge some personal info. I had a *pretty hefty* fradulent charge on my DEBIT CARD this weekend. Thanks for that, Walmart. So my bank account is basically frozen until I get that money back and all my payments (car payment, credit cards, etc) have cleared. I'm using my credit card for everything and it is terrifying. I hate it. I haven't registered for the 4th of July 5k and it's $50. Soooo. Long story short I don't have the money to do it. So now I have to find another one to do.
- Get down to 165 lbs : I weighed myself yesterday morning and it was 185.
- Get down to a size 8-10 and Medium : Workin' on it.
- Learn portion control: I'm actually making progress here!!!
- Do a fitness class every week : Haven't been to the gym. Once Caitlin is gone I'll be able to go again though. Until then I've just been running outside.
- Feel comfortable in a bikini in a picture without a cover-up :Workin' on it.
- Go on a hike at least once a month : This is turning out to be harder than I thought. But I have to make time.
And, in the spirit of Weigh In Wednesday and everyone's fitness posts...
Hahaha sorry, friends, I couldn't resist.
Now real quick I just need to get on my soapbox for a minute about some current events.
This football player who allegedly killed another football player (semi-pro). He just signed a $40MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT TO PLAY A FREAKING SPORT FOR A LIVING. And he threw it all away because of some stupid fight he got into at a night club???? (Allegedly). This is how I feel about that:
Oh. And the whole DOMA/Prop 8 thing....all I really have to say about that is, if this means legally married gay couples get to pay the same taxes as the rest of us, I'm thrilled for them. Hollaaaaaaa!!! <rant>And for the record, I really just wish people would read the news or make some attempt at educating themselves on this issue before they post a facebook status about how prop 8 was 'overturned' (it wasn't) and all of DOMA has been done away with (it hasn't). It is a victory for gay rights, sure, but face reality people. They have a long fight ahead of them still. < /rant>
And one final thing...it's good, I promise...remember my little issue I was having?? Well, my 2-week-long period has finally ended!! Holllaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! It actually ended two nights ago. But I didn't want to jinx it. Now it's gone.
OK peeps, I hope everyone is having just a fab hump day while I work until 9:30 tonight. Woohoo.