Thursday, June 6, 2013

'Merica.

One more day until the glorious weekend! Hollaaaaaaaa.

First things first. My non-scale victory.

button
BTW, is Lex alive?


I think it's the same as last week (I'm just too lazy to look). But I've gone to the gym after work the last two days in a row. I know the only way to for sure 100% get me there is to change before I even leave, so I have no excuses. Today, I'm going to try to run in my neighborhood. I also have a kickball game so hopefully I don't overdo it on my toe, which still hurts.

To add to my money stresses I've realized that breaking my toe essentially has turned the $100+ that I spent on my nice running shoes a waste, as they no longer are comfortable due to my toe healing wrong (no doctor would reset a broken toe though, so there's nothing I could have done about it other than not run into the wall and break my toe in the first place). Eff my effing life. I'll probably have to invest in some new ones at some point in the near future. Anyone know what to do with my Mizunos which are in pretty good shape? Can you really sell used running shoes??

Moving on, I plan on going to Barre at my gym next Tuesday morning. Has anyone ever taken a Barre class!??! Please tell me this: What kind of shoes are you supposed to wear??? Just regular ole gym shoes??

Sorry for all the questions.

This is going to now be super random and have nothing to do with NSV. But it's my blog so I don't care :)

I'm currently obsessed with the new series North America on Discovery. Literally. Obsessed. I think it's awesome. And probably because of how stinkin' patriotic I am I love that it's a reminder to people of how beautiful our very own country/continent is and maybe it will result in people investing their money more into travelling INSIDE than pumping up other country's economies. Just a little side note :) Either way, I love watching it, and I've taken away some valuable lessons that I thought I'd share here, as they were such a big hit on my own personal facebook.
  1. Don't mess with Mamas. Ever. They will protect their babies fiercely and sacrifice themselves if they can.
  2. If you are unhappy with what you have, go out, work hard, and earn what you want. Moochers don't fare well in the Animal Kingdom, so why should they in the real world?
  3. Ladies, please at least make men exert a BIT of energy before just giving it up! Make him do a fancy dance, sing you a song, or--I know this is a crazy thought--buy you dinner first!!!! Crazy concepts, I know.

Probably one of my favorite parts of the show so far.

This little fella learned real quick how to survive on a mountainside. Props, baby goat.

And my absolute favorite part so far...


I hear it....but where is it......


YAHTZEEEEE!
I also loved the prairie dog segment. Those little dudes are funny.

So now on my lifetime bucketlist (or maybe just the next few years) is go to Badlands National Park. I've been to Zion and it's beautiful, and the Grand Canyon, and I've seen swampland and all that fun stuff. But I want to go to Badlands.



Anyway, sorry for the super random sidetrip!

I can't wait to read about everyone else's NSV's this week! It's almost the weekend, so just hold on!

And, as always....God Bless America :)


7 comments:

  1. Hey - I just stopped over from the linkup. I've gone to some barre classes and I LOVE them! They are a completely different workout than anything else. For all the ones I've been to, you go barefoot or in socks. Hope you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you!! I'll wear my shoes in case but that makes me feel better :)

      Delete
  2. I have never done a barre class, I don't know if we even have any in my area, but I have heard awesome things about them!! Be sure to let us all know how that goes! Those pics of the badlands are beautiful!! Thanks so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited/nervous for the class...it can't be as scary as kickboxing was tho! I get a little uncomfortable surrounded by people who are super excited/cheering and I have no idea what's going on haha hopefully barre will be mellower.

      Delete
  3. I took a class in college called "Geology of US National Parks" for an easy science credit...ever since then I've wanted to visit all of the national parks! Nerd alert! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh that sounds awesome!!! I fell for the ole "astronomy is easy and all you do is look at pictures of stars" trick and found myself in an astrophysics class taught by a harvard professor just picking up another class at Northeastern to fill her free time. It was a hoot, I tell ya! Out of 150 students about 4 knew what was going on. I think I got a 30% in the class but she felt bad and passed us all with c's anyway hahahaha. Good times.

      Delete
  4. I haven't attended a barre class, but I'm looking forward to seeing how you like it! Sorry it took me so long to reply to you linking up! I was finally able to fix the issue and the linkup will be good to go on my blog again this thursday :)

    ReplyDelete