Monday, June 17, 2013

Introducing the friendboy/Weekend Shenanigans/Gimme Advice!!!

Efff it's really Monday already. This weekend flew by. Probably because I was pretty much going nonstop. So to cover it all, I'm linking up for Weekend Shenanigans for the first time. Hollaaaaa.

Sami's Shenanigans

 Friday night I went to the honky-tonk country bar and got super agitated that nobody with me would dance. Seriously. If you're that person, get over yourself. Just because you don't know the line dances doesn't mean you can't pick it up!! And if you do know the dance, get out there and freaking do it and stop being concerned with people looking at you. It's like people who don't go to the gym because they're worried people will look at them with disgust/laugh at them/snicker their not doing something correctly. Nobody. Is. Watching. You. EVER. Unless you're super hot. And in that case, good for you :)


Alright, end of that rant. Anyway. Friday was good in that my earrings from Fifth and Mae arrived!!



Seriously, order from this store. Michelle is awesome and
the customer service is therefore great too.
Look closely at the pictures below and you can see them on me.

My Brady Bands also came!!!




And Winnie was just adorable as ever:



Saturday I went to a Padres game with the friendboy and his friend...we had awesome seats:


$30 tickets for field level with military discount. Not bad.
Especially considering my aunt and uncle were up in one of those
boxes you can see in the upper right corner for $130/person.
And the Padres won!!! And because I know you're all just dying to see this friendboy I speak of...here he is:


I'm fully aware we both look a hot mess in this picture. But whatever.
Of course we proceeded to bar-hop until last call downtown, and yesterday woke up around noon and went to Pacific Beach for Sunday Funday.


Promise I only had like 2 glasses of beer from that bad boy.
I let the friendboy and his buddy take care of the rest.
That^^^ was where we started. We finished at one of my favorite places, Cabo Cantina, where I had 2-for-1 mimosas all afternoon and the friendboy got this:


This was also outside of Cabo Cantina...



Yes, you're seeing that correctly. A dinosaur in the bed of the truck
and an Indian standing watch behind it. WTF?
Totally normal in PB.

He also kicked my ass in giant connect four. I'm terrible at that game for some reason.

Some more pics:


Fat fattie.

Much better.

We met some guys who are getting together a slow-pitch softball team that will start in July. I think I might do it since this Thursday is the last kickball game.

So this morning was a wee bit rough. But I guess it was worth it. I'm still crossing my fingers this friendboy leads to good things. And praying, of course.

I'm also praying for another reason. I know this might be TMI for some but it's my blog so stop reading if you want! I need advice if anyone out there might have any. I am currently experiencing a never-ending period. I don't know what the deal is. What I do know is that I've been on the same pill for the last 6 months or so and had no problems. Generally I don't have a bad period (whether I'm on the pill or not) and they usually last 4-5 days (I know I'm lucky). BUT when I switched jobs I lost my insurance and it doesn't start until July again. So I assumed the BC would be too expensive. I was off it for about 3 weeks before I called Walmart just to see how pricy it would be. Nine bucks. That's IT. So I went and refilled the presciption and started it again. So there was 3 weeks I went between my last period and starting the new pack about 2.5 weeks ago. Then, 8 days ago my period started again. I thought, wtf? I wasn't "due" for another one even if I'd been off the pill but thought maybe my system was just a little confused with the stopping and starting again. It wasn't heavy except for the 2nd day which is normal for me. Then it got super light like it was ending, on time. I have continued to take my pills, and even took 2 a few days ago just for shits and giggles. It's stayed pretty light, but it WON'T STOP. Then last night it DID stop, completely. I made extra extra sure that it was done. Then this morning I woke up to find the little bitch had come back. WTF?!!?!? I took my pill again and called my doctor. Mind you, I still do not have insurance so if I can avoid actually going in, I want to. I'm sure she'd only charge me like $50 for a visit since I've been seeing her since I was a little kid, but still. She didn't seem too concerned (since it's only been 8 days) but told me to stop my current pack of BC and wait a week and start a new one. As an extra precaution I'm going to go to Planned Parenthood and shell out the $25 bucks for a name brand to see if it makes a difference. But I'm worried. I'm a huge hypochondriac when weird stuff like this happens and of course I've webMD'ed and google searched and found tons of forums with people saying "well it's probably nothing since literally anything can make your period abnormal BUT it could also be ovarian cancer. NBD." UHHHHHH. If ANY of you have ANY idea what might be going on, please throw me a bone here. Ugh. OK enough of that. Sorry for the essay.

That's all I got. I hope everyone else had a great weekend as well!!!

Oh and PS apparently google reader is disappearing or something soon and I'm supposed to tell you all to follow me on Bloglovin' if you're not already. I started this little blog here after talk of that had already begun, so I've been on bloglovin' all along and never used google reader. But whatevs. So follow me.

6 comments:

  1. You and the friend boy are adorable together! Looks like you had lots of fun this weekend, yay! Not so sure about the dino, but the random Indian is totally a normal thing around my office haha! The most random things come in from auctions..

    I wish I could be of more help on the bc, but good luck! Hopefully someone has some thing more helpful to tell ya. I've been having weird stuff going on recently and took a preg test too, thank God that it was negative!

    I need to get with it on the blog lovin stuff.. I'm so slow- but what does it do? lol. All the blogs I follow just show up on my wp feed

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you two are adorable, and I am glad you had such a great weekend my dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a TON of beer. I am surprised y'all are still standing- I am impressed! Sorry I can't be much help on the period thing...all I know is BC is crazy & can totally whack you around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I didn't contribute that much to finishing it but it was pretty intense! And yeah I'm starting to consider not even being on it anymore. I've always been SO lucky and never had any negative side effects from it. Like I lost weight and my skin cleared up in college when I was on birth control. No babies. Pretty decent periods. So I'm really shocked all of a sudden it's messing me up!

      Delete
  4. He's a cutie! And you do not look fat! Good luck getting everything squared away with the BC issue. That is something you DEFINITELY don't want to have to worry about! :(

    ReplyDelete