Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My work computer hates me.

Well my work computer is back to being a little bitch again and will only let me write my posts in HTML. It's extremely tedious and annoying. So sorry for the lack of a post yesterday. I guess I could have posted from home, but after being at a computer for 8 straight hours every day, the last thing I want to do when I'm not at work is be on a computer. I literally haven't opened my laptop since Saturday morning (to work on a friend's blog design) and before that I'm pretty sure I went a full work week without opening it. Anyway, the post would have been a phone dump pretty much summing up my weekend, so if you're at all interested, read on!




One of the girls from the San Diego Kappa Delta Alumnea Association came over and we baked all these cupcakes for Brittany to take to the races with us on Saturday. We took boxed funfetti cake mix and used the recipe that's floating around Pinterest for "how to make box cake taste liek it's from a bakery."....There isn't really any legitimite website or blog it goes to, it's basically just a pin with that caption and a blurb saying this:

Follow the box directions using the following substitutions:
-Use milk instead of water
-Add one more egg than it says to use
-Instead of oil, use double the amount in melted butter

I was extremely hesitant to use any pin that doesn't direct me to a blog where I can read the recipe and reviews/comments, but it turned out great!!! Then I used Carolina Charm's "trick" for Strawberry Lemonade icing, using Kool-Aid. So good!

Then on Friday, as I wrote about last week, Cassie came over and we made that Spaghetti Squash Alfredo (with some chicken and wine) and watched sappy girl movies all night. The squash turned out SO YUMMY!!! Definitely recommend trying it.


Saturday we were off to the races!!! If you follow me on instragram (which you totes should) you've probably seen all these anyway. Sorry I'm not sorry for being a photo recycler :)



We had such a great time meeting sisters from the West Coast! I'm soooo excited to start getting more involved with the Alumnea Chapter as well as the collegiate chapters at SDSU and USD. I can't be an advisor until I've been out of college for 2 years, but I can still go and help out and show them some love!

By the way, thank you to those of you who gave me some shoe advice. I went with the wedges (obvs) and felt cute all day :) My feet were hurting by the end of the day, but it wasn't terrible.

Sunday was spent at my best friend (Cassie's) sister's birthday party. We laid in the pool and drank and had tacos. It was a great summer day. Check out the taco spread...


Totally on my diet.


So that was my weekend. It looks liek my bloggy friends had pretty good weekends too :) I can't believe kids here are already starting to go back to school. Time is going way too fast. Yet this week can't go by quickly enough for me!!! Friday is the day the ex gets back into town and I'm so excited.

On a health note, I did go to the gym yesterday. I did a circuit, and I think I'm going to stick with doing that and running on and off and see how it goes.

If I could stand to write in HTML any longer I would, but I must stop now.

Happy Tuesday...it's almost Wednesday which means the week is practically halfway over!! Gotta be optimistic, people. Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment