I'm copying this from Heather at Pretty Strong Medicine....6 things you should know about me! (btw I know I'm supposed to choose from the list of questions you put, Heather, but I'm choosing some from the ones you answered too. Sorry!)
Here you have it:
1) Why do you blog? Well. This is a loaded question. I blog to get my thoughts/feelings out onto some kind of platform. I blog to connect with people. I read blogs to find inspiration/humor/people I have things in common with, and I hope people can find those things in my blog as well. I want this blog to have more direction than it does, but I guess that's kind fo funny because my life has no direction in it right now, so I guess this blog really is a direct reflection of my life!
2)Where is "home" for you? I have to admit, I love this question. San Diego is home for me. It's my hometown. It's where my momma and some of my best friends are. Memphis was a home away from home for me for 3 years, but I feel like when I do go back (which will be next May for a wedding, fingers crossed) it won't feel like home, ya know? At the same time, while San Diego is home, I feel like I could uproot myself again and find a permanent home somewhere else. Who knows.
3)Your greatest personal achievement? Definitely graduating from college (in 4 years). I'm one of 2 from my generation in my family to do this. Neither of my parents or grandparents or their siblings have college degrees. The odds were definitely not in my favor lol. I'm hoping this carries over into my future marriage as well. Everyone except that same cousin with the college degree and a few others have stayed married. The rest of my family has been married multiple times (buncha hillbillies, I tell ya). So hopefully I don't follow that pattern either!
4)What's your biggest struggle in life? I'm gonna get deep here. My biggest struggle is definitely a fear of abandonment. My own psychoanalysis tells me it started from my dad leaving my mom and I when I was so little, and moving so far away. Obvs. But then the first experience I had with a boy was horrible. He literally stopped talking to me without explanation multiple times. Then I had the boyfriend in college who broke up with me via facebook--that was super fun (funnily enough he's now married to one of my very good friends. It's complicated. Don't ask haha). So now I basically am a huge worry-wart when it comes to relationships. If I don't hear from you for a day, or hours after calling you or sending you a text, I start to freak. Like majorly. And it's definitely been the demise of many a relationship (not just romantic. Friendships too). I'm trying so hard to not let that happen this time around. Really.
5) What hobby would you love to pick up? I'd love to love running. I loathe it currently. But I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and clarity after the run. So that's a good sign one day I'll love it overall, right?!?!
6) What do you plan on doing with your life a decade from now? Hmmmmm well since I'm such a short-term-oriented person this is hard. I can't say what I hope my career is at that point, because I haven't figured that out yet. Standby. But I can say I definitely want to be happily married, with at least 1 kid already. I'd like to be financially stable, have some equity, have no credit card debt, and have taken a real vacation (even if that's my honeymoon). I'm a simple girl. I want to be a wife and a mom. And I want to be happy with my job, whatever that may be.
Well I hope y'all had fun reading that haha. Please comment with a link to your post if you've done this too--I'd love to read about y'all! Like Heather, I'm tagging all of you. Go do it. Now.
1. What’s something you hate?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. Which blog are you in love with that you only found out about recently?
4. When you struggle in life, what keeps you going?
5. One goal you would like to achieve before 2014
6. Who has been your role model?
7. Most comforting place, smell, sound and memory?
8. If you could be invisible for a day, where would you go?
9. Think of your oldest friend. If you met them now do you think you would still become friends?
10. Tell us something we may not know about you?
Now I'm going to insert a little rant here, don't mind me. Have any of y'all been following the Hannah Anderson case???? She's a local girl (from East County, San Diego, where yours truly grew up). Basically, a close family friend killed her mother and younger brother in a house (I'm still confused as to who's house it was) and burned it down, and took off with Hannah. There was an Amber Alert that wound up spreading up the West Coast and out as far East as Texas. They found her with her adbuctor in the wilderness of Idaho, camping. The abductor was shot and killed in her rescue attempt.
Am I the only one who finds this entire thing fishy???? Hannah Anderson proceeded to take to a social media website to "answer questions," and all she did was further confuse me. Who's house was burned down? Initially the news said it was her mother's home, but she made it sound like it was the family friends. There were phone records between her and him and another family member of his leading up to it. Supposedly she knew he had a "thing" for her and didn't say anything because she didn't want to compromise his friendship with her dad, who as far as I know lives out-of-state. She said she was acting calm when they were spotted by the horseback riders who came upon them in the woods out of fear her captor would kill them, which I can believe. But then she was uncomfortable seeing her dad when she was returned home, and her explanation via her social media site was that she was uncomfortable around men in general. Not buying that, unless there's more to the story.
There HAS to be more to the story. I'm so confused. I don't want to believe that a young girl would take any part in this at all, and that she truly was abducted against her will, but there's just a lot of missing pieces. Am I the only one who thinks this?!?!?
OK end of that rant. Here's my last one: IT'S STILL SUMMER. QUIT SAYING HOW EXCITED YOU ARE FOR FALL.
Made on Rhonna Designs App.
Sorry I'm not sorry I love summertime and warm weather. I just hate seeing all this fall shit on Pinterest and in stores. SHUT UP.
I also realize I never really did a recap of the Luke Bryan concert this weekend. Well, long story short, he was AMAZING. So was Florida-Georgia Line, but they got shafted to only 5 songs while Thompson Square got a whole hour to play. That was stupid and I didn't appreciate it. Oh well. Here's some cute pics (and as you can see, I didn't wear that dress I said I was going to. Oopsies..):
Been friends with girl on left since elementary school, girl in middle since middle school. And yes, Chris is attempting to photo bomb in the background.
And that's it for me. Don't forget to check out my new 25 by 25 page!