Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My new reality.

Holy guacamole it's been a week since I've posted! It's also been a week since I've really done anything healthy, imagine that! Basically, the airport Enterprise has kicked my ass. I want to buy a pedometer to measure how much I walk in one day. Whatever it is, it caused a hole to rub THROUGH MY SHOE. Check it out:



Granted, those shoes have been with me since my very first day at Enterprise, back in June. They've had a LOT of wear and tear put on them, and they've done great up until lately, when they got all stretched out and caused my ankle to get injured. So it was time for them to go anyway. That was just the icing on the cake, so to speak. So, I drove myself down to my favorite mall in the entire world, Las Americas, the outlet mall on the border, and bought some new Aerosoles. My strategy was to find the ugliest pair of flats in the store (kind of difficult because most Aerosoles are ugly to begin with), and it worked. These bad boys are ugly, but feel like slippers. I'm in love.

Anyhoo, I'm on my feet literally all day unless I'm on my lunch break, and it's hard. It's a competitive environment and I don't have a lot of friends there yet, so I'm going through an adjustment phase I think. But one things for sure, and that is that there was not a chance in hell I had the energy--or the strength in my legs and feet--to go to the gym after work this week. But I need to get used to it and get over it. I went today and was more sluggish than the last time I ran (but guess what?! My ankle didn't give me trouble!), so starting Saturday, I'll get back into my routine of going straight from work to the gym. Friday's I work till 8PM and have to be back at 730AM, so that ain't gonna happen. Same with Sundays when I work till 630 and have to be back at 415. But every other day--including my 'weekends'--is going to be a gym day.

In other news, this is how I spent my 'Saturday' morning (aka today):



Oh, and I went on a date last night. :)

Things are lookin' up!

No comments:

Post a Comment