Friday, February 1, 2013

11 MINUTES!

THAT'S HOW LONG I RAN WITHOUT STOPPING AT THE GYM! OK OK, I know, that's not a very long time for a lot of people, but it is for me!

Actually, I take that back. Do you know how many people are extremely obese in this country? A shit ton. So that probably IS a long time for a lot of people. So there. In that 11 minutes, I went about 3/4 of a mile, so again, my pace isn't that fast, but it's faster than it was 4 weeks ago, and my stamina is much better than it was 4 weeks ago, so I'm very proud of myself. Especially considering my legs were a little stiff from the running back and forth up a hill in a stripmall I did earlier today in numerous pairs of shoes. Basically, I started jogging at .25 miles (that's what I did in my warmup). I told myself 'get to .40 before you stop,' then when i got to .4, I knew I could keep going. So I set my goal to get to .5, then .6, then by the time I hit .75 I couldn't believe what I'd already done and was sure I wouldn't make it to a mile, but I just kept going. And when I got to .9 I told myself it would be stupid to stop now and I surely wouldn't DIE in that tenth of a mile, so I just kept going. Then I smiled a lot to myself the rest of the time I was on the treadmill. I'm sure I looked like a loony-toon. Then after that I did some leg presses, chest presses, and crunches, and now I'm home, debating on giving the dogs a bath. It's always a bit of a fiasco.

Anyway, I know this is the 2nd post in a matter of hours, but I'm just so happy with myself I had to share with my nonexistent followers :)

Also, this is funny/motivating:


Word. 

1 comment: