Monday, February 25, 2013

8 PM Bedtime

Yes, that's what my life has come to. Especially on these nights before I have to wake up at 315AM. Confession: I have NOT been good this week like I said I would. I HURT. STILL. Everyone says the first two weeks at the airport take some getting used to, and the pain will go away after that. So hopefully these achy joints and swollen feet (see below) go away fast. NOT CUTE. 

Today I got off at 3:30, excited to have the day to get some shit done. And what did I do? I went home, sat on the couch, watched the Amazing Race I missed last night, and then found this little treasure in my grandma's closet. Actually, my mom did. I said to my mom, "Momma, I'm gonna buy myself one of those vibrating tubs to soak your feet in because my feet hurt!" And she said, "I think Grammy had one in the closet in your room, dummy." Well she didn't call me dummy, but she implied it. I went and looked, and lo and behold, it basically has been staring me in the face above my clothes every time I sort through the closet to get dressed, for God knows how long. Oops. 

So, I used it. 


See what I mean about my feet being swollen? At least I'll know what to expect when I get preggers. Side note: follow me on Instagram @coleewolee

Anyhoo, I decided I need to set a workout schedule, that includes some low-intensity workout--mainly on the days I work. Which means the majority of my workouts. But that's OK because it will only be temporary until either A) I really DO get used to being on my feet, walking back and forth on a blacktop, nonstop, for 11 hours a day 5 days a week or B) I leave the airport in a few months and go back to a regular branch, where sitting and resting happens frequently. 

So, here's what I've come up with: 

Saturdays and Mondays will consist of 45 minutes on a stationary bike followed by ab and arm workouts (btw I've become slightly obsessed with the ab bench that allows you to move back and forth in the forward and side-facing positions (I'll take pictures to explain haha)

Sundays and Tuesdays will consist of 30 minutes on an elliptical machine followed by leg and arm workouts

Wednesdays and Thursdays will consist of at least 30 minutes/2.5 miles of jogging/walking followed by ab workouts

Fridays will be an off day

And this is all going to change next week when my schedule changes AGAIN at work. Luckily the airport changes monthly and that's it. No curveballs like at my old, understaffed branch. 

But it'll do for the rest of this week :) 

I know, I know, I'm talking a lot of talk and not really walking the walk lately, but I wish I could put into words on a blog the amount of pain and exhaustion I feel when I get off work every day. 

On a higher note, the date I went on last week went well, and I think I might like this boy...we'll see if he ever gets written about on here!

That's all for now. Peace out girl scouts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment