Friday, September 27, 2013

5 on Friday. Yes, I have some :)

Happy Fridayyyyy!!!!!!! Here's my five:

1. Yesterday at work I found out some WONDERFUL news. Little backstory, the current Group Rooms Coordinator is out of town for a week on vacay, and I've been working with the Reservations Supervisor to fill in for her while she's gone. This is hopefully the position I move into soon (I know a little something that I can't tell anyone and I wouldn't want to jinx anything, so I'm just praying praying praying!), and I've loved every minute of doing her job so far. It's not easy, it's stressful, and it keeps you busy. WHAT I NEED. Well, I already wrote about how my director resigned this week, which really freaked me out. But yesterday my supervisor pulled me aside to ask me if I'd be down to help out in Sales and Marketing during the next month or so, because their Director is going to be basically helping the new Director of my department until they're fully transitioned, and fall is THE season for groups and conferences at my hotel, so they're going to be swamped. I'm so excited/honored and relieved.

2. Not that this is any big deal, but it kind of is. The communication between Chris and I has had a breakthrough finally, and, as I expected, I was freaking out over nothing. This isn't going to be an easy road, but hopefully it will all be worth it one day.



3. In general, I'm just feeling better. My breathing is getting easier, and maybe that's just because I'm really looking forward to this weekend, but I woke up just feeling more hopeful about the near future.

4. I've been consistent with 30 Day Shred (Wednesday was my break day and I had sushi and wine for dinner while watching Duck Dynasty and Survivor. Judge me). It's getting easier, and I'm confident to move into level 3 at some point next week :)

5. THIS WEEKEND WILL BE AWESOME!!!!

I get to see this guy....


These guys...

Please play your old stuff, please.

And this sexy guy...

Hi. 

HELLO!

I'm so excited. 

And then I'm making these cookies for the San Diego Kappa Delta Alumnae Association picnic on Sunday:


It's a recipe from Skinnytaste, so these bitches better eat them, unlike the delicious fat cupcakes I made a couple months ago. Just saying. Because let's be real, you know this is them most of the time...


Me, on the other hand? I'm going to keep it real. This will be me: 


I AM, however, going to try my hardest to not drink beer at the concert. I really think I'm going to go to BevMo and buy a bottle of a Skinnygirl Cocktail. I know they're not the tastiest, but it might do the trick.

Alright, that's all for me. I'm happy to say I'm much happier today than I have been the last week or two. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better, girly! Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see that you are feeling better!! Good luck with the work stuff, and it sounds like you have a fabulous weekend ahead! I've never seen Keith Urban in concert but hear that he is awesome. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're feeling better! Enjoy Keith, he puts on a hell of a show :)

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete