Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thank you

Hey all!

I just wanted to say thank you to those of you that commented on my post yesterday.

Before I went to sleep, I felt ok. I felt like maybe I was being dramatic and I just needed to be a grown-up and deal with whatever stupid stuff is going on on my own. Then I had a dream that invovled me travelling--where to, I don't remember--and I was SO stressed out. I remember my mom was supposed to pick me up from some airport and take me somewhere and she was late (and I was being a total jerk to her) and eventually I woke up and when I did, I had a knot in my stomach that hasn't gone away. Every other thing that's getting to me lately was on my mind. I'm even stressed out in my dreams, people! What. The. Hell.

I've mentioned many times I am a control freak. Especially with schedules and planning things. So it's not surprising that I would have a random dream about something like travelling and being late and all that. But this weekend, as I mentioned, is a concert. First of all, I'm always a stressball at concerts at this particular venue because, well, everyone and their mother clogs up the cell phone lines. Literally, your phone will not work there for the majority of the concert--it usually starts around 5 and randomly they'll start working again toward the end of the concert (I'm assuming because lots of batteries have died in trying to use them) and then again when the concert ends and everyone's trying to get out and find people. I HATE IT. I've lost people before and not found them until way later on in the night, by the grace of God. It just unnerves me. And if Chris is still being a butthead, I know I'll be checking my phone constantly to see if he's called or texted (even though the phones won't be working). So. I've decided on Saturday I'm just going to leave my phone in the car and not leave my friend's side that I'm going with. I'll either be a complete nutjob without it, or it will be freeing. But it can't hurt to try, I guess.

I'm also going to try to make an appointment to go see my doctor and see about getting prescribed something to help this apparent anxiety. The last thing I want is to have a panic attack the weekend of my birthday, or, ya know, in general, ever. So I guess I should take care of it.

Anyway, sorry this was another boring post with no pictures. But I truly appreciate the comments yesterday. Talking to people who deal with this is enlightening.

1 comment:

  1. Did you make it to the doctor? I've dealt with anxiety for years and it can get real quick... I actually just went to the doctor for it earlier this month and I feel like a whole new person.

    That's so weird about the arena and phones! I don't think I've ever experienced anything like that in Phoenix!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete