Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Your hump day, my Sunday.

Hello friends! Happy hump day to most of the world, happy Sunday to me :( womp womp. At least I don't have to work in the morning tomorrow. Just night time. Anyhoo, today was probably one of the most productive days I've had in a lonnnnng time. It started with a healthy greek yogurt parfait made by yours truly (like it's hard. all ya do is take greek yogurt, then slap in a scoop of your favorite sugar-free jam or preserves, and mix it all up. If I'm feelin' frisky I'll mix in some granola too), then a meeting with a friend at a coffee shop that will *soon be* next door to her house. I couldn't resist taking a picture of this sign....


Charming, isn't it? Hahaha. I laughed, just like that. Out loud. 

So my mom's been bugging me to check out this pet store in the Hillcrest neighborhood for FOREVER. And since I was in the neighborhood anyway, I went looking for it. Funny side note: Mom couldn't remember the name of it, only where it was, so I followed her directions to find it's called, lo and behold, "PET STORE." Creative... 

But they had adorable clothes, so of course I bought Winnie the Cockapoo a new spring dress. 

Also seen on Instagram
Yes I know, she's adorable. And she LOVES her clothes. 

I also bought her and my mom's dog little doggie whoopie pies. So precious. 

My gym sesh had to be pretty snappy so I could make my nail appointment on time, so I ran a mile then did a few resistance exercises, and felt pretty accomplished considering it was a short workout. 

Then I went to the 2nd or 3rd happiest place on earth, Sugar and Spice Studio, to see my amazing Olga. I got a pedicure (during which Olga discovered the small start of a fungus in one of my toenails. Disgusting. Guess I should throw away Grandma's foot soaking tub), and a shellac manicure. CND just released new colors for spring, and I decided to layer cake pop and grapefruit smoothie. I'm in love. 

I love looking like an alien while my nails soak in acetone
to remove the previous shellac. And on my toes is OPI
"If You Moust You Moust" 
I guess I was feeling a little pink today? Sue me.

To finish the night, I cooked dinner for me and the friend-boy. I made skinny chicken nuggets thanks to Skinnytaste, and also thanks to Skinnytaste, I made some twice-baked potatoes. I used this recipe to get a handle on how to attempt to make twice-baked potatoes not-terrible-for-you, but I hate broccoli. So I kinda did my own thing in terms of what I put in it. Instead of buttermilk, I used greek yogurt, a little bit of butter and a little bit of sour cream, and I also chopped up some chives and mixed those in too. They were amaaaaaaazing.

Yeah, yeah, I'm a wino. I also made skinny greek
yogurt ranch. I'll do a post on that soon. I haven't
met someone who hasn't loved it. 

I also got a wild hare up my ass and decided to take some before pics, maybe to serve as extra motivation to actually have some after pictures at some point in the near future--or, hell, progress pictures at least. So here goes nothin...


Currently weighing in at 191, size 14 (but I can sqqueeeeeze into 12s) and L/XL. Love me some Pink yoga pants to hide my love handles. 

Alright that's it for me fools. Night night!


No comments:

Post a Comment