Tuesday, March 12, 2013

si se puede?

I'm a terrible San Diego native in the sense that I know hardly any Spanish. But I do know what 'si se puede' means. I mean, wasn't there a Disney movie called that back in the 90's anyway? I'm sure I didn't learn that as a result of living here, but oh well. Anyhoo, I'll get to 'si se puede' in a minute.

I DID go to the gym before going to work the other day. It wasn't easy. In fact, I actually woke up to my alarm, and set the alarm for an hour and a half later, deciding to go back to sleep. Then I laid there and realized I wasn't tired, I was just lazy, and couldn't think of anything better to do with the next hour and a half, so I dragged my ass out of bed and went to the gym after all. Ran for a while, did some resistance training, all that fun stuff. I didn't regret it. Imagine that!

But then that night I went out on the town (my best friend for my entire life was in town, can't say no to that!), so getting up to go to the gym before work the next day wasn't going to happen. But we got a good picture: 


This is Kelsey. Like I said, we've been BFF's for, well, forever. We "met" in daycare before we could even walk or talk, and we became joined at the hip. We went to elementary, middle, and high school together, then had a falling out when I was in Memphis and she was in Long Beach for college. It was stupid, and not worth losing a lifelong friend over. I realized that a few months ago and reached out to her, and things couldn't be better now. ...............ok, well they COULD be better if we lived in the same city, but that's probably not going to happen! Oh well. We'll make it work :) I'm glad she's back in my life, and thankful that I've been *kind of* growing up lately. 

I digress. 

Daylight savings time (which is stupid, by the way) happened this weekend too, so losing an hour was my excuse for not going to the gym before work yesterday. But today was my weekend and I kicked it off by going to a SPIN CLASS!!! 

Truth: My friend who WORKS at the gym (and has lost about 40 pounds recently) worked the graveyard shift (it is 24 hour fitness, after all) and when I woke up today I thought she proooooobably was going to bail on me since a normal person would have been exhausted from only getting 4 hours of sleep, so I decided I probably wouldn't go either because who wants to go to a spin class for the first time in forever on their own? But I underestimated her, folks. She texted me and told me she was going, so I didn't really have a choice. 

Thank god. 

It was INSANE and I thought I was going to die, multiple times, and I wanted to punch the instructor in the face a few times, too, but I didn't. Instead I closed my eyes and focused on myself, and got through it. The instructor at some point said "si se puede, right?!" and that's what my turning point in the class was. I actually for some reason pictured myself here: 

Yes, that's a road you see off in the distance. In
Rocky Mountain National Park, above the tundra
line (I think around 13,000 feet)

Not sure how or why I pictured myself riding up the road that winds through and on top of the Rocky Mountains (that I visited with the ex) but I did. It helped me. Now, of course, the memories are hurting me a little bit, but oh well. It's pretty, huh? 

OH, yesterday I also treated myself to some new yoga pants from Victoria's Secret. I already proclaimed my love for their PINK pants because of the band at the hip that makes my lovehandles disappear, so last night when I went to dinner with some co-workers downtown and had to park in a shopping mall garage that has recently changed their policy for validation, requiring proof of a $10 purchase, and I just-so-happened to walk out of the garage at the entrance RIGHT NEXT TO Victoria's Secret, I thought why not buy something good for the validation? It was either buy the pants, or pay $8 and hour to park there (which would have been $24). The pants were like $40 after taxes--too much for freaking yoga pants, I know, but they were kind of a necessity purchase, right???? Just agree with me. 

And how cute are they!?


I almost gasped out loud when I saw they FINALLY have some with a cheetah-print band! I LOVE me some cheetah, print, y'all. Like love. They also have some new printed pants, in full on cheetah all-over, but I resisted. Maybe when I lose another 50 pounds. 

Btw, that was me BEFORE spin....this was me after....


Bump-on-a-log, catching up on the Army Wives season premier I missed Sunday because of work. Any of you Army Wives addicts like me? I'm not feeling the whole killing-the-generals-wife-thing. I get it, the actress that played her was a wacko addict who embarrassed herself at a military event--watch here--but couldn't they have just switched actresses? It wouldn't have been that big of a deal. Oh well. 

Tonight is a date with the new friend-boy, so wish me luck finding something healthy to eat on the menu. Ugh. 

That's all for now....


No comments:

Post a Comment