Thursday, January 24, 2013

5 lb plateau?

I don't think those exist. But I seem to be experiencing one. I know it's not because of something I can't control though. It's because I can't seem to figure out balancing weight loss/exercise with a social life. It's extremely frustrating. People, I work from 7 in the morning to at least 6 at night. Ideally I would go straight to the gym from work at night, come home and cook and eat dinner, shower, and go to bed. But that leaves 0 room for me to do ANYTHING with my friends. Unless they want to go to the gym with me. But most of my friends have memberships at different gyms since San Diego has about 9283921828734908 different gyms. Yesterday I decided I NEEDED to go to the gym one way or another, because I had dinner plans and plans after that, so I went on my lunch break since there's a 24 hour down the street from my work. I did my 30 minutes of c25k week 3 and went back to work. It sucked not having a real lunch break. I'm also contemplating going before work in the morning, which would mean I'd need to wake up at 430 at the latest. Again, though, that would make me want to go to bed by 8 every night, leaving me still no room for a social life.

Ugh.

What to do, what to do. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and go to the gym on my lunch break when I make plans for after work.

Sacrifices.

I guess that's what weight loss is all about isn't it.

So the moral of the story is, I need to get the hell over it.

Also, my feet are killing me. I really want to cheat myself out of my goal of losing 10 pounds before I get those running shoes and just reward myself with something else at 15 pounds lost...but I know that's a copout. So I'll keep on with my walmart shoes. Womp womp.

On a lighter note: I went for my run today with one of my best friends, Lindsey, along the beach at Coronado. One of my favorite places in the world. It was overcast and cool, but it was definitely different running on normal ground as opposed to a perpetually level treadmill. Also without any water sitting in front of me to re-fuel. So I guess at 15 pounds lost I'll get myself one of those things to hold my iphone and keys (so I'm not stuffing both of them into my bra, making me look even more deformed and jiggly than I already feel I look when I run) and at 20 pounds I'll get a camelback or something for water so I can run outside more often. After all, the 5k in March isn't going to be on a treadmill!!!

Alright fools, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment