Sunday, January 20, 2013

30 minutes of hell is worth it.

I haven't exactly had a good week. I lost another 3 pounds for a total of 6 pounds so far which is great, but I slacked on going to the gym. I still have 1 more day left of week 2 of C25K and it's Sunday, and I already went to the gym today haha. So basically this week is going to be intense. I plan on going to the gym every weekday except Friday so I can go to church after work, and Saturday after work.

Last night was also my work Holiday party which was SO fun, but not healthy. I consumed wayyyyy too much alcohol and wore extremely uncomfortable shoes, so running today was even more hellish than usual. But about midway through my C25K session, I realized something: 30 minutes of hell is soooooooo worth feeling like I accomplished something the rest of the day.

On a lighter note I HAVE been cookin' up some good food! I don't know what I'd do without Skinnytaste. Delicious recipes skinny-fied and with points already calculated.

4 more pounds until I get myself some real running shoes! I'm really looking forward to not having my feet go numb in certain areas midway through a run.

Tonight should be an interesting night for eating since I'll be going to my BEST FRIEND IN THE ENTIRE WORLD'S birthday dinner. Her family, God bless them, always cooks a ton of delicious food, none of which is usually healthy haha.

Here's a picture of me and Cassie:

Don't mind the headless boobs in the lower corner.
Not sure who those belonged to. 
By the way, I hope you noticed by now I'm very strategic with posing for pictures. You wouldn't guess I weight about 200 pounds at that point, would you?

Here's the gift basket I put together for Cassie thanks to World Market's build-a-gift basket section. God, I love that store.

The contents include:
A cheap bottle of rose wine
Quadratini wafers (my weakness)
Body wash, lotion, and body spray from Cassie's fav store
A lufa
Shea-infused cat socks
A funny birthday card about beer, Cassie's favorite drink
I'm a pretty good friend, right? Just kidding. I just love her a whole lot, and love giving gifts.

Alright that's all for now folks.



No comments:

Post a Comment