Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Yep, I used to be that kid who couldn't run a 1/4 of a mile.

Hey fools. It's weigh-in Wednesday. So here it goes: I gained a pound. Wommmp wommmmp. I am convinced it's because I caved and got Jack in the Box last night on my way home from work, and then had a couple glasses of red wine at my friend's house afterwards. Oopsies. No more, I swear.

Weigh In Wednesday

I wrote on Monday that when I woke up my arches were hurting, so I didn't go run. That was stupid.

I'm pretty sure they were hurting because of my work shoes. They're starting to get stretched out, and they're just Steve Madden flats. But either way, I should have just gone. So yesterday that's what I did. I was fine, and today I got up and ran too. I'm trying to stick with it for real this time.



That's so true. When I don't get up and run, I feel horrible about myself the rest of the day. But when I do, I feel better in general. Why is finding the motivation to actually LEAVE THE HOUSE so dang difficult!?!

Today was also a harder run that yesterday. My sinuses were causing more issues than usual. I'm not sure if I've shared the fact that I have a deviated septum that causes me to have extremely bad post-nasal drip ALL THE FUCKING TIME (it's that annoying, people), snore like a freaking freight train, and whenever I breathe in--I mean every single time--my ears get clogged. So I'm constantly popping my ears. It's extremely annoying and I've seen an ENT, just haven't been able to justify the money for a deductible right now to have the surgery. Anyway, sometimes it's worse than others. Today it was worse. My ears were getting extremely clogged with every breath, and clogged ears results in a thrown-off equilibrium. SO I was dealing with that today, and I got a breathing cramp about halfway through the mile I've been running without stopping (big deal, get to that in a sec). But, I KEPT GOING. I knew I was going to be ok, so I kept pushing.

I got all sappy when I got home because I realized how back in high school, no matter how many chubbier kids there were than me, I was always, without fail, the slowest runner whenever we had to do the damn weekly mile run. I couldn't make it one lap (1/4 of a mile) without stopping and feeling like I was going to die. So being able to just keep going for a mile, with a breathing cramp or without, with sinus issues or without, and keep a pace even when I'm fucking around with Pandora (because Pandora sucks, but I love it), is a big freaking deal.

Anyway, moving on....

I also know I need to start going for longer distances. I currently have a route around my gated neighborhood I stick to. It's about 1 and a quarter miles, so not much. But up until now that has been sufficient because I was so terrible at running. But now I want to go further. The problem is, I live in the hood. For reals. So I don't want to leave the gate, but I don't want to make multiple loops either, because I know I will convince myself not to. If I went somewhere where the loop was, say, 2 miles, I would be forced to go the entire distance. Make sense?? So I'm thinking this weekend I'll have to try to find a place locally with a longer loop that's in a safe area.

I know, I have problems.

In other, completely irrelevant news (that's normal around here, though), I'm SO HAPPY the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is back. SO. STINKING. HAPPY. I mean, the Miami girls were entertaining but they were getting to be a little too much for me. There's just something classy and timeless about the Beverly Hills women.



Ok maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but they crack me up. And lets be real, Brandi says what we're all thinking. And I love her for that.



The Atlanta 'wive are back too. Listen, I will shamelessly call those girls ghetto as all get-out. They are. Don't try to deny that. But they're soooo funnnyyyyyy. This made me LOL the most so far:



I'm addicted to the Real Housewives.

I guess it could be worse though.

Anyway, I hope y'all have a great Weigh-In Wednesday, and cheers to you if you're like me and forcing your office to listen to Christmas music even though it's not even Thanksgiving yet. Ummm helllooooo Country Christmas on Pandora is AMAZING.

That's all for now, chicas.

2 comments:

  1. Great job running! I can't run at all but I'm working on it! Keep up the good work!

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA my coworker has Christmas music in her Pandora mix!

    ReplyDelete