Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It was only a matter of time.

Happy Hump Day, fools!

Good news: My Grammy had an uncomplicated surgery. They're keeping her in ICU for a couple of days just to monitor her (because she had a major surgery, she was sick when they did the surgery, and she's old--why that freaks my mom out, I don't know). But she should be good to go soon :) Thank you for the prayers and well thoughts.

Now for a Weigh-in Wednesday post....

Pretty Strong Medicine


I'm back to the weight I was before the holidays. I went up a few pounds and was horrified, so thank God. But I haven't been good about working out or running at all. Part of it is because I absolutely HATE how crowded the trail I run has gotten since the new year. I mean really...I had to snap a pic on Monday:


That's just one group of people. But they have taken over. The entire trail looks like that right now. And I went early on Monday!

Yesterday I didn't run because I needed to take the morning to prepare for my interview at work, but this morning I went. I haven't had a horrible workout in a long time. Like, since I still had my gym membership and would run on the treadmill (which I hate). Normally, when I run outside, and on this trail, it takes about a half a lap around the lake (about .4 miles) to get in my groove, and then I'm good to go. This morning was different. Let me list the things that irritated me to the point I stopped after 1 lap and called it a day:

1) I got a rock in my shoe before I even started
2) I thought maybe running in the direction opposite of the one most people go would alleviate having to dodge people, because I would just stay to the very far right of the trail. WRONG. There were STILL WALKERS WHO WERE JUST MEANDERING ALL OVER THE DAMN PLACE.
3) Piggy-backing off #2, the hills when I run in the direction I always do are steep and quick, then you gradually go back downhill. Well, I didn't think it would be any big deal to go the other way. Well it was. The gradual and long inclines killed me.
4) Pandora kept playing slow songs and I kept having to skip it.
5) It was DRY and breathing actually hurt.
6) It was hot. In fact it was about 10 degrees hotter than it's been, at least. I didn't think it would make a difference but I guess it makes sense since I've become a better runner in the last couple months, during which it has been a wee bit chilly by San Diego standards.
7) My boobs must be shrinking (again) because I wore my favorite Victoria's Secret bra which always does a great job holding them in, and today they were bouncing all over the place and I kept having to re-adjust so they didn't fly out and flash somebody.

Today just wasn't my day. I know it was just a bad day. But I really wish I had handled it different and just kept going, even if it meant just walking. Instead, I stopped after one lap and went straight to my car.

Eff.

I just feel a little defeated today. In all honesty though, I guess it was really only a matter of time before I had another bad run, since it's been so long.




I still have multiple interviews to get through in the next couple of days (for the internal job and the other one), so I really felt like exercising would help clear my mind. I've been feeling like I'm getting the flu or something because I've been extremely tired, achy, and I keep getting the chills. So maybe that had something to do with my funk today.

Anyhoo. Hopefully things will be changing rapidly in the next few weeks, and I can adjust to those changes without sacrificing my health. Luckily, I have been eating pretty well. Lots of Greek Yogurt, ground turkey, fish, chicken, etc. Also, Special K. I love that cereal.

In other news, I finally cleaned and organized by vanity area this weekend:


Impressive, right?

Ha.

OK, I hope y'all are having a great week. One of my friends posted on facebook this morning "Get the f*ck up and make Hump Day your bitch!" I LOLed.

Peace out, playas.

2 comments:

  1. Ughh, hate those days when it seems like everything is working against you. The good news is that tomorrow is a new day :) So glad your Grammy's surgery went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have these days, so don't beat yourself up over it. I'm glad to hear that surgery went well for your Grammy. Good luck on your interviews!

    ReplyDelete