Monday, January 6, 2014

I'm a ginger.

Happy 2014 everybody! I can't believe it's here already. I'll turn 24 this year. WHAT!? I gotta get my shit together.

I wish I had some awesome pictures to share with you of my NYE celebration butttttttttttt we just had way too much fun and forgot to take any pictures. Oopsies. I can tell you it was a blast, though. Cassandra and I went to Double Deuce, one of my favorite places downtown, and had a great time.

On New Year's Day, my mom and I went to visit my aunt and uncle at their campsite on the beach:


Gorgeous.

In other news, my hair started turning a bluish green color in certain spots.Why, I do not know. Perhaps my hair just took the dye we used 4 weeks ago differently in those spots? There's not really anything I can think of as to why it happened in JUST those spots. But whatever. I went to a beauty supply store and the sweet ladies told me to get a semi-permanent light reddish-brown color to counteract the blue-green, and then when it fades out in about 3-4 weeks, I'll do a permanent color over it. It's too soon to use a permanent color right now. I'm thinking I MIGHT try to save up some doll-hairs and go to an actual hair-dresser to make sure those patches go away completely. Right now it just looks like I have a few darker brown patches compared to the rest of my hair. But I'm actually loving the reddish tint:

Filter used to bring out the color in the picture. 

What do you think? And if any of you have a background in hair-dressing, any clue as to the blue-green patches that just showed up? I've been using the Aveda Black Malva Conditioner every 3 washes or so, so that's a possibility I guess.

Anyhoo. I didn't go for a run on NYE morning, or any other day until today. My legs felt like jello. It was a hard run. It also could have seemed more difficult because of ALL THE FREAKING PEOPLE ON THE TRAIL!!!! I wanted to scream at someone. I mean seriously, how hard is it to stay to the right, just like when you're driving? And even if you didn't know that was just plain common courtesy, who taught these people is was polite for an entire group of 4-5 people to take up and entire trail that's used by hundreds of people for exercise!?!??

OK sorry, rant over.

Until tomorrow, probably.

I hope y'all had a wonderful New Year celebration last week, and I'll see y'all on Weigh In Wednesday!

1 comment: