Wednesday, April 9, 2014

2 pounds down (again)

Happy hump day everyone :)

Pretty Strong Medicine


I'm in a GREAT mood today because I found out I've lost 2 pounds since the last time I linked up for weigh-in Wednesday 2 weeks ago. I know that's nothing to write home about, but I was really disappointed in myself when I saw how much weight I had gained.

Let me recap this for you....

1 year and a few months ago I started my fitness/weight loss journey. In about 6 months, I had lost 20 pounds (from 203 to 183). I maintained that--give or take a couple of pounds--for a long while, but at some point recently I gained 10 pounds back.

Now I'm at 191. I want to get back into the 180s by this time next week, and never ever get back into the 190s again. I was able to do that with the 200s, so why shouldn't I be able to do that with the 190s? Baby steps.

Here's some pictures of what I looked like before I started caring about what I was eating and how much I was working out:

 
I was about 200 pounds and a size 14.
 
By April-May of last year I had gotten down to 183 and a size 12:
 
 
 
Now I'm at 191. Still fitting into my size 12s (thank God), but not necessarily comfortably.
 
 

 

I've tried to be better about my eating, but I'm still not tracking it. It's just not my thing. I think I do a pretty decent amount on most days of being balanced, and I've cut way back on the drinking (this weekend was an exception because of Klarisa being here, so we went wine-tasting). I've also been doing 30 minutes and about 2.8-3 miles on the elliptical at the gym, followed by weights. So hopefully it's all smooth sailing from here.
 
 
YEAH RIGHT.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
On a completely unrelated note, I made the decision to put down my sweet kitty Jewel this weekend. I know i wrote about her before, because we were struggling with deciding what to do with her for a while. It finally got to the point where it was obvious she was miserable, and had no idea when she was going to the bathroom. She was 16 years old, and I know she missed my dog Buddy who she literally grew up with. It was honestly the hardest thing I've ever had to do so far in my life, which I guess is a blessing because in the grand scheme of things it's not that bad, and everyone has to do it at some point. But still. It's been a struggle the last few days and I'm sure it will continue to be one, dealing with the decision I made.
 
 
Anyhoo, i'll stop at that. Hope y'all have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. It's never easy losing a pet :( As for your weightloss, 2lbs is great. I hope next week goes well for you.

    http://whatadventuresawait.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the loss of your cat, I went through that a few years ago and it was tough.

    I am so glad you are doing well with your weight loss! You look great and I am sure you will get the pounds off again!

    ReplyDelete